We Redvers Services (The Company) accept vehicles in order to provide Goods
and/or Services. Services includes, but is not limited to repairs, inspection, determining
and estimating repairs, storage, Recovery, garaging or pending sale or for any other
purpose. The provision of Goods and Services are subject to the following terms
Orders / Estimates / Deposits
1. Estimates are valid for 28 days from the date given. If instructions are not received
from a customer (in response to an estimate rendered) within 28 days, Redvers
Automotive will charge a storage fee of £35.00 (thirty five) pounds plus Vat per day
from the date that the vehicle was received until its collection. (Note: the company
does not, as a general rule make any such charge for garaging pending instructions,
if the repairs are ultimately carried out by the Company and duly paid for).
2. (i) All estimates by Redvers Automotive are subject to change caused by variations
to the Company of labour, material and spare parts at the date of estimate. In the
event of any variation occurring before or after acceptance of the estimate the
Company may if it thinks fit require the Customer to pay on completion of the work
any increase due to such variation.
(ii) If no estimate is provided or if part only of the work covered by the estimate is
carried out then Redvers Automotive shall be entitled to charge a reasonable
and proper price for the work done (including any stripping down leading to
determination as to the practicability or otherwise of any work and reassembly)
and for materials and spare parts supplied.
(iii) Redvers Automotive may refuse to carry out all, or part of any work for any reason
whether or not an estimate has been provided. Variations to the estimate, the
scope of the repair or work, the prices chargeable shall be subject to all these
terms and conditions, and so that any such variation shall not be deemed to
constitute or create a new or separate contract.
3. Orders received, for Goods and/or Services, from any driver employed by the
Customer or by any person who is reasonably believed to be acting as the
Customer’s agent or by the order of any person to whom the Company is entitled to
make delivery of the vehicle shall be binding upon the Customer.
4. Redvers Automotive may demand a deposit before commencing any work. The
customer shall co-operate with the Company in all matters relating to the Services.
Delivery / Completion
5. Every endeavour will be made to provide the Goods and/or Services by the estimated
time, but the Company shall not be liable for any delay in completing the Goods and/
or Services. Time shall not be of the essence in respect of this clause. Risk passes on
delivery or where relevant on collection.
6. Payment for all Goods and/or Services, repairs and/or spare parts supplied is due on completion of work. The goods and/or Services, repair is completed for the purpose ofthese terms and conditions when notice has been given that the vehicle is ready for collection. All Goods and/or Services shall remain the absolute and unencumbered
property of the Company until such time as the Company has received cleared
payment in full from the Customer in respect of such Goods and/or Services.
Cheques will not be accepted. Credit card Payments incur an additional 3% charge.
7. Redvers Automotive shall have a general lien on all of the Customer’s vehicles and
all of their contents for all monies owing to the Company by the Customer on any
account whatsoever. Redvers Automotive will charge a storage fee of £35.00 (thirty
five) pounds plus Vat per day during any period in which the vehicle is retained by
virtue of the lien.
8. If the Customer’s indebtedness to the Company is not satisfied within three months
from the date of the first invoice to the Customer, the Company may without notice
sell any vehicle owned by the Customer and/or the contents thereof by public auction
or private treaty. The net proceeds of the sale shall be applied towards the satisfying
monies due from the Customer to the Company, and any balance shall be paid by the
Company to the Customer on demand.
9. Where in any case a driver who, so far as the Company is aware has the authority
to collect the vehicle, collects the same, the Company shall not be responsible to the
Customer for any loss of damage resulting, on the grounds that such driver had in fact
no such authority, and this notwithstanding that delivery may have been made without
payment of the Company’s account. It shall not be obligatory upon the Company to
seek confirmation of the authority of any person reasonably believed to be then or to
have been at some time, connected with the Customer.
10. If a vehicle is not collected, the Company will charge a reasonable storage cost per
day in respect of the vehicle from the date of completion of the repairs until collection
or disposal under Section 8 hereof or as the case may be.
Limitation of Liability
11. Where the Customer is not a consumer, all statements, conditions or warranties as to
quality of the Goods or their fitness for purpose whether expressed or implied by law
or otherwise are hereby expressly excluded.
12. Where the Customer is not a consumer, all statements, conditions or warranties as
to performing the Service to a reasonable standard of care whether expressed or
implied by law or otherwise are hereby expressly excluded.
13. The Company is not responsible for loss or damage to vehicles or other property
whatsoever or however occasioned Whilst left on Our Property except when such
loss or damage is caused by the sole negligence or deliberate act of the Company
or its servants. Under no circumstances will the Company accept liability for loss or
damage outside its control for any indirect loss, consequential loss, and loss of profits,
loss of business, loss of use or any special loss.
14. The Customer shall be entitled to the benefit of any warranty to which the Company
is entitled as against the manufacturer of parts and materials supplied or any
sub-contractor. All work carried out by the Company is warranted against failure due
to defective work for a period of three months/3000 miles, whichever occurs the first.
This warranty extends to repairs actually undertaken and does not cover progressive
fault diagnosis. It does not affect any statutory rights.
15. All parts removed by the Company in the course of the repair shall, if not claimed by
the Customer within 7 days after the completion of the repair be deemed to be owned
by the Company and they shall become the Company’s absolute property. Parts
returned are subject to a handling charge. Parts specially ordered are not returnable.
16. Any notice to the Customer posted to his last known address shall be good notice.
Any query regarding this invoice is to be made within 14 days of receipt.
17. Save where the context forbids, the expression ‘vehicle’ wherever used in these
Conditions includes car, lorry, van, trailer, caravan, Motorhome, and cycle and as a
separate unit or otherwise, engine, axle, gearbox, clutch, generator, starter, battery,
and each and every component of a vehicle.
18. No alteration or qualification of these printed terms and conditions shall be effective
unless in writing, signed on behalf of the Company by an authorised person of the
Company. No other person has the authority to alter or qualify in any way the above
printed conditions or to enter into any contract for repair for any of the purposes
set out in the preamble above on behalf of Redvers Automotive otherwise than on
19. Unless otherwise stated, all service work undertaken is carried out in accordance with
the manufacturer’s schedule.
20. Customers are strongly advised to remove all items of value not connected with the
vehicle when leaving it on the Company’s premises. Redvers Automotive cannot
accept liability for any loss or damage to the same except in consumer transactions
when this is shown to have been caused by a lack of reasonable care on the part of
21. If the Company’s performance of its obligations under the Contract is prevented
or delayed by any act or omission of the Customer, its agents, subcontractors,
consultants or employees, the Company shall not be liable for any costs, charges or
losses sustained or incurred by the Customer arising directly or indirectly from such
prevention or delay.
22. The Customer shall be liable to pay to the Company, on demand, all reasonable
costs, charges or losses sustained or incurred by the Company arising directly or
indirectly from the Customer’s fraud, negligence or failure to perform or delay in the
performance of any of its obligations under the terms and conditions.
23. Redvers Automotive shall have no liability to the Customer under the terms and
conditions if it prevented from, or delayed performing, its obligations under the
terms and conditions or from carrying on its business by acts, events, omissions,
or accidents beyond its reasonable control, including (without limitation) strikes,
lockouts, or other industrial disputes, failure of a utility service or transport network,
act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law
or governmental order, rule, regulation, direction, accident, breakdown of plant,
machinery, fire, flood, storm or default of suppliers or subcontractors.
24. By accessing or using the service or site, you represent that you have read,
understood, and agree to be bound by these terms. You acknowledge that these
terms constitute an agreement between the parties even though it is electronic and is
not physically signed by either party.
25. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions of trade at any time, the
most current version will supersede any previous version. We encourage you to
periodically review these terms to stay informed of our updates.
26. These terms do not affect your statutory rights.